Monday, March 30, 2009

Visit from America

Now, I can finally move on to talk about the visit I received from Lily and Meg... my friends from Seattle. Lily and Meg came to me on March 20th an stayed with me in my flat until early morning of March 28th. That is why I left such a large gap in my blog posts.

We had lots of fun together and I got to show them around town and show them how I've been living for the past three months. I took them out to Vrångö, Donsö, and Styrsö on the ferry, to Göteborgs Konstmuseum, to Nefertiti (one of Gothenburg's best jazz clubs), to my salsa dance class, to my funk band rehearsal, to Babar (a restaurant where we got to have reindeer and wild boar), to Haga, Arkaden, Avenyn, and Nordstan for shopping, to Cafe Tintin to see all of the posters on the walls, to Cafe Villekulla (AKA Pippi cafe) for the cake buffet, and to a number of other places I know I'm forgetting to mention. They even got to take part in one of my Swedish Language Alliance meetings that I have at my place every sunday where we baked some awesome semlor and watched Noll Tolerans again. (This was my third time seeing this movie).

We cooked a lot of good food together and had a lot of Swedish pancakes. Lily insisted that we have pancakes every morning and we just about managed to do that. It was great. Here's a few pictures of the food.









































We also thought it would be fun to take a series of photos posing as statues and signs we found around town:












































































































Overall, we had a good time and I got to show them how Sweden really is.

No comments: