Monday, March 2, 2009

funny, ha ha.

So, our Scandinavian Studies class went on a tour of some old houses in Slottskogen today and this really funny thing happened. Well, it was funny to me at least, because I had slept a total of about 5 hours in the past two days before going on this field trip and I didn't eat breakfast before going. Yes, so I was basically running on empty. Here's one picture:














Anyway, we were at this old house that was renovated to be used as a folk dance hall and the lady there was telling us about provincial costumes and stuff (not the house in the picture).

This lady was flipping through a book and showing us pictures of things and she said something like, "... and this is a picture of when the pope came to Sweden," but it sounded like she said "...and this is a picture of when the poop came to Sweden." I'm fully aware that Swedish vowel sounds can be and are in most cases very different, but I guess I never heard a Swedish person say the word "pope" before.

I die when I hear funny language jokes, so after a few moments I started cracking up!! It was so hard to hold in this laugh, but I felt like I needed to or else people would think I'm laughing at the provincial costumes or something, which I was not!! I started coughing to cover my laughter and I almost left the room. Stupid thing was, I kept thinking about it off and on for the next 15-20 minutes that we were there and I almost started laughing again every time I thought about it. You know when you're trying to hold in a laugh and you basically have a body spasm and expel a bunch of air through your nose? Yeah, I was having these spasms and I hope Akane, who was standing next to me, didn't think I was just blowing air into her ear or something.

Well, here's a few more pictures before I end this post.

No comments: