Friday, April 24, 2009

Acapella Dreams...

I went to see one of the greatest acapella groups I know of last weekend live in Flisby. They are called The Real Group and I have been a fan for about two years now. They are so good that music from their Christmas cd has found a place in many of my music playlists.

Anyhow, Flisby is a small, small, small little place near a small town called Aneby, which is close to Jönköping, a city in the province of Småland... Sweden. I'm really not sure what else is in this town other than the church that we were at, plus the lake and a couple of barns and houses, but it was spectacular. I was able to just walk through a big empty field, crawl under a fence, and waddle through some brush area to get the lake. Quite liberating.Here's some pictures:













































And here's a couple pictures from Jönköping:




























And here's some from before, during, and after the concert:






















































































This entire trip was amazing and now, I think it might be worth me saying that I've started up a new acapella group here in Sweden. We've had one rehearsal so far and I've already launched the website!

http://www.skakapella.weebly.com

I know this particular group will only get to be together for a couple of months, so that means that some of you Seattlites will get to join! I hope you're ready for the heat!

No comments: