Wednesday, February 11, 2009

food intake

So, I've already been sharing pictures with you showing what my food intake is like, but I'd just like to make a little note. First of all, it's nice to have my own kitchen... and, having class only seven hours a week allows me a little extra time to cook what I want. Mind you, I am a simple girl and I like food that is quick and easy. So, it is for that reason that I have been eating a lot of Pasta Carbonara and Spaghetti. Mmmm, with a little bit of "CHILI EXPLOSION" on top (of the spaghetti), we're talking about a delicious meal here! Yeah, I know... it's just like me to buy a spice called "CHILI EXPLOSION" (and you can see in the picture that this is really in all caps.)

But wow, I went to this Indian restaurant called Maharani this past weekend when Kelly and Kirsten were in town and I ordered a dish that was four stars and I basically burned my face off. It was sooo spicy I was sweating. That's pretty serious if we're talking about me and spice tolerance.

Anyway, the pasta carbonara... I always eat it with a side of fresh sliced red peppers. There was this other pasta I bought that was like Kyckling Panna or something, but I didn't like it as much because of the Sweet & Sour like sauce that comes with it. I usually just throw out most of the sauce cubes and just add Piri Piri sauce and olive oil (and again with red peppers on the side).

But no, I don't eat pasta for every meal of the day. I also bought some insta-Swedish pancakes which are great with a little lingon and cream. It's also very easy to get my hands on semlor around here, so I've had one or two of those (well, more like three or four). Then you've got coffee around every corner and cookies, muffins, cheesecake galore. Oh, I had this raspberry cheesecake from Fröken Olsson's Cafe last week that was amazing!! It's not like cheesecake in the states that will weigh you down. It's light and fluffy and I don't feel like falling over after I'm done. Sadly, I don't think I have a picture... I must have been really hungry. But here's another picture: These are some carrots I bought from WiLLY:s. And, now since I have a whole kilogram of them, I've naturally been eating a lot of carrots. Hopefully I don't turn orange, red, or some other strange color since I've been eating so many carrots and red bell peppers.

Well, I would have posted a picture of my delicious spaghetti I just had for dinner, but I was so hungry I ate it already.

I was out all day today... a group meeting for class, then went to a cafe with two of my friends from the group (had some nice coffee, had a good discussion, worked on my Russian a bit), then went to the student union building to fill out a scholarship application (but I forgot my letter of registration for class), then bought some notebooks for school at Akademibokhandeln, then went to a music store near Järntorget called Jam (it was supposed to be big, but they didn't have much there), then went to my first Swedish language lecture at Humanisten for 3 hours before going to rehearse at Chalmers with my awesome funk band (called: Nowhere Orchestra), then hanging out a bit at Cafe Olof with my new band-mates before waddling home and immediately throwing on a pot of water to cook some noodles in... since I didn't have much time to eat today. Here's a picture of the coffee and quite stale cookie I ate at the cafe with my friends from class:

Yup yup yup... so that's me and food lately. Plus a some pepparkakor, lots of orange juice (to rid sickness), other juices (because juice is yummy), a little milk, eggs, a few bags of chips, some McDonald's fries... but, I've been taking Calcium + D3 tablets since there's not so much sun around here. Gotta keep my bones strong, right?

Ja, så... that's it for now, I think. I'm very tired after a long day and I have class in nine hours and I want to be sleeping for maybe 6-7 of those hours, so... more will come later, but yes -- school has started, my swedish courses just started today, I'm playing drumset again, and all is going pretty well here in Göteborg... aside from almost getting hit by a car, tram, or bike a few times every day.

Hopefully my English hasn't gone to crap and I'm still coherent. It seems I used a lot of lists in this post. Haha.. maybe because I have lots to say in a compact space. Leave me some comments people!! That way I know who I'm talking to, more or less. (Those of you that like to Jones around are okay too... i guess. Just know, I know you're there.)












:p

2 comments:

Logan Family said...

Hey Yeon-Hee! I think it is awesome that you get to travel. I love reading about everything that is different from our American culture. Someday, I will travel to another cuntry, too. Sigh, eventually. I hope you don't mind that I read this. Have fun!

shortndsweet said...

The more the merrier! I hope you are doing well!